Sunday, August 22, 2010

You, too, can decorate with sticks

I was not sure how many photos I could put into one post, so I decided to start a new one. But really, start reading from the bottom posts up. That can be the frustrating thing about blogs.
So, continuing on with the tour:


This is looking back from the kitchen area to the door entrance. The door on the right is the closet. It is crazy organized, let me tell you. It is a relief to have some closets again. Because we are in the Big City here doing the Urban thing for a few years, I had to make sure not to forget the world of non-concrete. Therefore I have put branches all over the apartment, and I like it quite a lot. I had all of them in the YS house, too, but in there it was almost like being in the jungle because the house itself was very wabi-sabi.  Here, however, everything is clean and straight and so the branches function perfectly as pieces of art and happy reminders of different natural places. And thanks to everyone who so lovingly transported all of these "sticks."


And this is standing further back in the kitchen still looking the same direction. There's my new friend the dishwasher. And isn't that a fabulous countertop? Here's our little dining nook...



It's very cozy. Although my dinner-party days may be suspended for a bit. 



Here's the rest of the kitchen. That third shelf down in the middle is full of moosewood cookbooks, btw. Lucas' grandpa made the glass-door cabinet. My dad made the shelves that are holding our pottery and plates. 



Just look at that sink. No need to bleach! Lucas put up the shelves for my collection of Teapots from Around the World. That would be 2: one from Japan, one from Spain.


And this is the stove: glass top, which is a great adventure. Luckily there is a window right next to it as it heats very differently and right now we make toast on the stove and...let's just say we're learning. It felt more like home after we put up the spice rack and the bread and puppet posters. 


No comments:

Post a Comment