Sunday, August 22, 2010

Olive's Room


This is my girl, taking solace in her peanut butter bone which makes her happier than about anything on earth. She is very skittish/depressed since the move (and losing her best pal Buda) and divides her time between wishing there were peanut butter in her bone, licking the peanut butter out of her bone, and napping on the bed. Let's just say the vast majority of her time is spent on the latter.


This is her spot. Although you'll notice Kaya is occupying it in this photo. New trend: sometimes a cat and a dog share this coveted space. I'm going to attribute it to 1. stress and 2. loss of the beloved couch. So I thought I was going to hate the white walls but I don't at all - I actually kind of love it, especially in this room. I think it helps that the one wall is white brick. Thanks to SJ for pointing out to me that it used to be a chimney and that's why it's brick and protrudes. Anyway the three windows look out onto the street so we keep the curtains pulled all the time...and soon hopefully we will have three *matching* white curtains. I love this room because it feels so light and airy...it is absolutely fabulous for napping, and I know three furry creatures who agree with me. 



Caption contest, anyone?



A few things that make me happy about this room...I love the grapevine wreath on that brick wall. I think that was the one thing I was most excited about putting up. 



And the window ledges are nice and wide and a great space for setting some pretty nature things. That's my pine cone from Italy. I guess I have a habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment